Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Reverend Mofo


I went to the PDX drink n' draw a few weeks ago. We did these posters, where you draw your character in the center, then everyone else does their rendition of that character around it. I picked Reverend Mofo, the foul mouthed preacher monkey from Chumble Spuzz. I really love what these guys came up with. I am still pretty shy among these artists, some of them are really good- and the interesting thing is, I have been around other serious artists very little in my life. I think, especially, the fact that I never went to art school makes me really nervous around more seasoned artists.

It's pretty much how it is anytime you try to join into a group of people you don't know, you wonder at first if you really are going to fit in. Whatever comes of it, I love the fact that I can go to a bar downtown and meet up with about 15 artists, many by trade, and others published comic creators, and draw together. Growing up in Coos Bay, any time I went out to a bar to draw, people just looked at me funny.

Artists who contributed: Ron Chan, Ryan Hill, Erika Moen, Jon Siruno, Amy Mebberson, Rich Ellis, Randall Kirby, James Ratcliffe, Steve Sylvain, Cat Ellis, and Matt something... and the rest who's names I don't know. I copied these names from Ron Chan's email, admittedly.

3 comments:

Alice said...

I'm a HUGE fan of Axe Cop, and I think you should start a series with this character!! So cool!!!

eef said...

Rev Mofo is a character in my series Chumble Spuzz which you can buy on Amazon in 2 volumes :)

bigpenis said...

penis enlargement, penis enlargement pills, male enhancement, vimax pills
Penis enlargement pills have been proven is the best way to make the penis bigger and effective to increase men’s sexual performance. vimax, vigrx plus, prosolution pills, maleextra